How to make your listing stand out!
Reselling your wedding dress isn't always an easy task so we've compiled a few tips below to give you the best chance of making your ad stand out, attracting more views from interested buyers!
Tip #1: Be informative
Make sure to be accurate and include as much information about the dress as possible. The more information you can give in your description, the more confident buyers will be that they are purchasing the the dress that they want. Examples of the types of detail to include in your listing are:
- The original purchase price
- The designer/style number
- The fabric and the colour
- The length, sleeve style, necklines, waistlines and trains
- The size and measurements. Advertise your gown by it's true size as marked on the label
- The alterations and if/how the gown was cleaned or preserved
- Its condition, if it has been worn or is new without tags
- Detailed description of any decorative detail
Tip #2: Write a clear and concise title
Majority of buyers are very specific in the way they search for wedding dresses online so make sure your ad title immediately tells the seller what your main selling points are such as:
- The designer of the dress
- The size
- The colour
- The condition
- The shape/cut of the dress
Here are example of perfectly, well written ad titles:
- Roz la Kelin Size 10 Wedding Dress
- Roz la Kelin Size 10 Ivory Mermaid Wedding Dress
- Altered Roz la Kelin Size 10 Wedding Dress – RRP$4999
Tip #3: Use high quality photos
Using high quality photos to help potential brides envision themselves wearing your dress for their special day. You can upload five photos (250kb per photo or 720px wide x 480px high). Here are some photos that you may want to include in your listing:
- A full-length photo of the dress, showing how the entire dress looks from the front and back
- A photo with the veil if included
- Close up photo of any decorative detail
- Close up photo of the bodice, clearly showing the straps or neckline
- A photo of you wearing the dress so the buyers can better visualise the dress on them
PLEASE NOTE: You must be the copyright owner of the photos that you are listing on Capriess. We will not accept any photos of wedding dresses taken from any other source.
Tip #4: Clean your wedding dress before you sell it
Having your dress professionally clean before taking photos, gives you the best possible chance of a sale by making the dress appear more attractive. The nicer looking the dress, the more money you are likely to make from the sale.
Tip #5: Share your ad
Once you are happy with your listing, we encourage you to share your wedding dress ad across your social media to help spread the word about your wedding dress!
1. Who will see my ads?
Capriess offers couples from Australia a safe place to sell or buy preloved, second hand wedding dresses. This means that your ad will be mainly visible to people living in Australia and although overseas buyers may also see your ad, we strongly recommend you never make a transaction with an overseas buyer. For full details on how you can protect yourself when selling your wedding dress online, please read our Trading Safely guide.
2. How much does a listing cost?
There is a one-off listing fee of only $4.95 per wedding dress listed. So for example if you have two wedding gowns that you want to sell, you will need to create two separate listings for them. This will be charged at $4.95 per listing. Once your dress is listed, you are then able edit it as many times as you need to at no extra cost.
3. Are there restrictions in what I can sell
For now, we are only accepting wedding dress listings from people living within in Australia and allow any pre loved, second or unworn dress to be listed.